-In 2018, Grifols acquired a 51% stake in the U.S. firm MedKeeper. Now, certain options are exercised and Grifols acquires the remaining 49% stake for USD 60.2 million
-MedKeeper is a technology firm that develops and markets mobile and web-based technology solutions, which are used by hundreds of hospitals and medical centers to enhance the efficiency, safety and compliance of key operational processes
-MedKeeper’s features complement and strengthen Pharmatech, the Hospital Division’s main business line, and will help boost its presence in the U.S. market
Barcelona, November 9, 2020. - Grifols (MCE: GRF, MCE: GRF.P, NASDAQ: GRFS), one of the top three leader in the production of plasma-derived medicines and research pioneer on alternative therapies aimed at advancing scientific and social progress, today announced the acquisition of the remaining 49% share of Goetech LLC, whose trade name is MedKeeper, in exchange for a total price of USD 60.2 million. No additional financing will be required.
Since 2018, Grifols has owned a 51% equity stake of this U.S.-based technology firm, dedicated to developing and commercializing mobile and web-based technology solutions that enhance quality assurance standards and operational productivity, as well as monitor and track compounding activities. MedKeeper solutions are used by hundreds of hospitals and medical centers to increase patient safety.
Grifols continues to move forward with its strategic plans to drive long-term sustainable growth in all of its divisions.
In the case of the Hospital Division, MedKeeper’s attributes complement and strengthen Pharmatech, its core business line. The transaction also boosts the division’s international expansion and footprint in the U.S. market.
Grifols is a global reference in hospital pharmacy solutions, helping ensure the safety of patients and healthcare professionals by developing and distributing equipment and specialty technology to automate and control key hospital processes.
This post is related to:IV/Infusion Resources/USP <797> Resources