The Thermo Fisher Scientific Accula™ System is a rapid diagnostic platform that combines the accuracy of RT-PCR with the simplicity, convenience, and procedural familiarity of traditional rapid immunoassays. The Accula™ SARS-CoV-2 Test has received an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the FDA for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 in Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)–waived environments. Designed for use with the palm-sized Accula™ Dock, the Accula SARS-CoV-2 Test provides reliable, qualitative results in approximately 30 minutes.
The Accula SARS-CoV-2 Test and Accula Dock Feature:
• Accurate PCR technology—100% positive agreement (PPA) and negative agreement (NPA) with an EUA-authorized RT-PCR SARS-CoV-2 test comparator
• Simple sample collection—prepare and load nasal swab samples in seconds
• Fast results—qualitative, rapid PCR-based test provides visual results in 30 minutes
• Easy storage—reagents stored at room temperature (15°C–30°C, 59°F–86°F); eluted samples in Accula™ buffer may be kept at room temperature for up to 2 hours or refrigerated at 2°C–8°C and tested within 24 hours from the time of elution
• Compact design—dock fits in the palm of your hand; ideal fit for satellite locations and clinical settings