Director of Ambulatory Services — Full-Time
Pikeville Medical Center
Schedule: This position works at least 40 hours per week, primarily Monday-Friday day shift, with some evenings or weekends based upon business needs, on a rare occasion.
As a full time, exempt, CPS Solutions, LLC Director of Ambulatory Pharmacy Services at Pikeville Medical Center, you will be responsible for overseeing the operations of the specialty pharmacy and retail pharmacy lines within the health system. This includes overseeing the integration of specialty pharmacy practice within the hospital system by coordinating resources to provide maximum level of services to patients and the customer; managing sites finances with participation in departmental budget preparation, establishing staffing mix, policies, standards and objectives to ensure patients pharmaceutical needs are effectively met as well as managing medication use processes. This position also holds responsibility for expense and revenue performance of retail and specialty pharmacies within the health system. This position will reports to the Senior Director of Specialty & Ambulatory Pharmacy Services.
About the Facility: Pikeville Medical Center is the largest hospital in southeastern Kentucky and is a Joint Commission accredited facility. As of 2018, the hospital consists of 1.6 million square feet spread across 43 facilities, is licensed for 340 beds, and services offered include cardiac, medical, surgical, pediatric, rehabilitative, cancer, neurological, pain care, wound care and home care.
About the Pharmacy: The Outpatient/retail pharmacy is open 24/7 and the Specialty Pharmacy is open Monday-Friday 9a-5pm. CPS has partnered with the hospital to manage the day to day operations of these pharmacies. This position is an employee of CPS.
• B.S. or PharmD from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy
• Current Kentucky Pharmacist license active and in good standing
• Successful completion of a Pharmacy Practice Residency in Specialty Pharmacy preferred
• Certified Specialty Pharmacist (CSP) certification preferred
• 3+ years of experience in a hospital or retail pharmacy required, in ambulatory specialty pharmacy clinics preferred
• 5+ years of experience in a pharmacy supervisory position in a hospital or retail setting
• Experience using computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and pharmacy information systems
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, set priorities, make critical decisions, respond to client concerns and work cooperatively with other staff.
Hospital Requirements: (may be required)
• (PPD) TB Skin Test - Proof of negative TB skin test within the last 12 months
• (MMR) Measles, Mumps and Rubella or A Blood Titer proving immunity
• Varicella - (2) documented doses or A Blood Titer proving
• Hep B3 Series (or declination)
• (Flu) Influenza-required for hire between Oct 1st-April 30th
• COVID Vaccine-Full (required)
Benefits: All employees enjoy a competitive salary, and eligibility to participate in the 401(k) savings plan with a match. Full-Time employees are also eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Time Off Plan, Company Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance, Medical Flex, Dependent Care Accounts, and more.
CPS® Requirements: All employment offers are contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test and signed onboarding documents. Additionally, you may be required to provide medical records or have additional medical examinations/background checks that are a specific requirement of the location or position in which you are hired. Due to the healthcare requirements of the location where you will work and the clients we support, this may include a COVID vaccine. This applies to internal transfers and status changes for internal CPS® team members. CPS® is also committed to a safe and drug free workplace. The use of marijuana for medical purposes accompanied by a prescription, even if permitted by state law, will not be considered acceptable for purposes of explaining a positive lab test result for marijuana.
About CPS®: Founded nearly 50 years ago and employing over 2,500 clinical, regulatory, and operational pharmacy professionals, CPS Solutions, LLC, is one of the nation’s largest providers of pharmacy services to more than 800 hospitals and healthcare facilities nationwide. CPS® helps clients tackle a variety of complex issues, such as operational efficiency, rising drug costs, regulatory & compliance, 340B, and specialty pharmacy strategy. CPS® helps healthcare leaders drive best in class pharmacy operations through skill, expertise and proprietary technologies. For more information, visit https://www.CPS.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any qualified employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, mental or physical disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.