Pharmacy Manager, Specialty Services — Full-Time
West Plains, Missouri
Description: As a full-time, exempt CPS® Pharmacy Manager, Specialty Services at Ozarks Healthcare you will oversee the operations of the specialty pharmacy service line. Duties includes plans, organizing, setting controls, and supervising activities in the Specialty Pharmacy according to policies, standards of practice of the profession, and State and Federal laws. You will also recommend innovations in the practice and function of the specialty pharmacy to administration and carry out mutually agreed upon programs.
Schedule: This full time, exempt position will work a minimum of 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
About the Facility: Ozarks Healthcare is a Joint Commission accredited, 114-bed acute care hospital and not for profit medical referral center with over 1,300 employees, serving an eight-county area in south central Missouri and north central Arkansas. Services include family medicine, specialty clinics, rehabilitation, home care, interventional cardiac care, open-heard surgery, oncology, neurosurgery and cancer treatment. CPS® has partnered with the hospital to manage the day to day operations of this department. This position is an employee of CPS®.
About the Pharmacy: Pharmacy hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- B.S. or PharmD from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy
- Current Missouri Pharmacist license in good standing
-Minimum of 3 years of experience in a retail or specialty pharmacy
- Experience using computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and pharmacy information systems
- 1+ years of experience in a pharmacy supervisory position in a hospital, specialty or retail setting
- 1+ years of experience managing patients on Specialty Medications
- Experience working with nurses and physicians in ambulatory specialty disease state clinics (Oncology, Rheumatology, Dermatology, Gastroenterology, etc.)
- Certified Specialty Pharmacist or the qualifications to sit for the exam
Hospital Requirements (may be needed):
- (PPD) TB Skin Test - Proof of negative TB skin test within the last 12 months
- (MMR) Measles, Mumps and Rubella or A Blood Titer proving immunity
- Varicella - (2) documented doses or A Blood Titer proving immunity
- (Flu) Influenza-required for hire between Oct 1st-April 30th
- Covid - full vaccination (required)
Benefits: All employees enjoy a competitive salary, eligibility to participate in the 401(k) savings plan with a match. Full Time employees are also eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Time Off Plan, Company Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance, Medical Flex and Dependent Care Accounts and more.
CPS® Requirements: All employment offers are contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test and signed onboarding documents. Additionally, you may be required to provide medical records or have additional medical examinations/background checks that are a specific requirement of the location or position in which you are hired. Due to the healthcare requirements of the location where you will work and the clients we support, this may include a COVID vaccine. This applies to internal transfers and status changes for internal CPS® team members. CPS® is also committed to a safe and drug free workplace. The use of marijuana for medical purposes accompanied by a prescription, even if permitted by state law, will not be considered acceptable for purposes of explaining a positive lab test result for marijuana.
About CPS®: Founded nearly 50 years ago and employing over 2,500 clinical, regulatory, and operational pharmacy professionals, CPS Solutions, LLC, is one of the nation’s largest providers of pharmacy services to more than 800 hospitals and healthcare facilities nationwide. CPS® helps clients tackle a variety of complex issues, such as operational efficiency, rising drug costs, regulatory & compliance, 340B, and specialty pharmacy strategy. CPS® helps healthcare leaders drive best in class pharmacy operations through skill, expertise and proprietary technologies. For more information, visit https://www.CPS.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any qualified employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, mental or physical disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.