Decision mapping is a tree diagram of the thinking involved in a deliberative decision. It is a critical-thinking approach that helps choose the best thing to do from various options. Fundamentally, decision mapping allows for better decisions.
Decision mapping helps assess complex, multi-factor situations for critical decision-making, such as compounding pharmaceuticals.
Baker Co applies decision mapping to support their compound pharmaceutical customers when they must make vital decisions. Compound pharmacists need to comply with USP <795>, <797>, and <800>, and it can be challenging to decide which primary engineering controls to apply.
Technicians can turn to Baker for a decision map that is informed by USP guidelines to ensure compliance. Click here to download decision maps for:
• Class I biosafety cabinets
• Class II (Type A2, B1, B2) biosafety cabinets
• Class III biosafety cabinets
• Clean benches
• Compounding aseptic isolators (CAIs)
• Compounding aseptic containment isolators (CACIs)
• Containment ventilated enclosures (CVEs)