The goal of this activity is to educate pharmacists on a variety of pain management and opioid analgesic topics in a practical, relatable way that is aligned with the Opioid Analgesic REMS educational goals.
Upon completion of this program, participants should be better able to:
1. Review pain treatment plans for initiation, titration, and discontinuation of opioids based on guideline recommendations.
2. Discuss converting a patient from a current to a new opioid regimen using recommended strategies.
3. Explain a patient’s risk for opioid misuse and diversion, and offer naloxone when appropriate.
4. Review monitoring for opioid-treated patients for adverse effects and offer symptomatic treatment.
5. Review counseling a patient regarding risks, benefits, and treatment plans of opioid therapy.
This accredited activity has been designed for pharmacists.