Seasonal flu vaccines remain the best way to prevent the spread of influenza. However, the COVID-19 pandemic has caused healthcare providers to change how they operate to continue to provide essential services to patients.
Maintaining immunization services is essential for protecting individuals and communities from vaccine-preventable diseases and outbreaks and reducing the burden of respiratory illness during the upcoming influenza season.
JOIN US FOR OUR UPCOMING WEBINAR:
Flu Season Amidst COVID-19: Avoiding the “Twindemic”
• Date: Wednesday, September 23, 2020
• Time: 12:30 pm (PST) / 3:30 pm (EST)
• Speaker: Dr. L.J. Tan, MS, PhD, Chief Strategy Officer of the Immunization Action Coalition (IAC) and Co-Chair of the National Adult and Influenza Immunization Summit.
Highlights of the webinar:
• Examine how to manage flu immunizations during the COVID-19 pandemic
• Provide a COVID-19 Vaccine update – with highlights from the September NAIIS Summit
• Learn about managing the “last mile” of vaccine distribution, including a look at the new emerging NSF standards for vaccine storage to ensure safety and efficacy of immunizations
We hope you will join us for this informative look at navigating the upcoming flu season amidst a pandemic in uncharted waters.